About the role:
A fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic and self-driven Database Administrator to join and grow with a well-established Systems/DevOps team in Lithuania. You will be working in the geo-distributed and highly available technology infrastructure of a global Mobile Identity Company, where you'll find challenging but also a friendly working environment.
As Database administrator you will:
- Coordinate and collaborate with DBA team members on priorities and support items requiring research
- Provide database administration for Linux based database engines, production Microsoft SQL, or MySQL
- Support activities include DB installation, deployment, maintenance, performance tuning and optimization (SQL query, stored procedures & DB engine), troubleshooting/resolving DB problems, DB backups/restores, and insuring DB monitoring is in place to proactively alert Technology Operations to issues
- Support Developers with database queries patterns, table design, and performance recommendations.
- Work closely with key staff to design/build a data warehouse from existing data sources. The data warehouse will support effective business operations through decision support, trending, and reporting on key corporate performance indicators
- In conjunction with other senior technical staff, act as DB expert to deliver highly available, reliable DB platforms to support the business
- Provide consultative support for those less knowledgeable of DBs and their capabilities
We expect you to have:
- 4+ years’ database experience on Linux based systems, with MySQL. MSSQL.
- Experience in resolving DB problems, including working with DB providers, DB performance issues, use of native monitoring tools.
- Experience in Disaster Recovery, High Availability, backup/recovery, replication.
- Understanding of indexes, index management and statistics.
You would stand out if you have:
- Experience in a fast moving, agile development-based environment, preferably SaaS or cloud delivering based product offerings
- Some experience in scripting to support operations automation for DB related activities
- Understanding of Internet security concepts
- Basic knowledge of BI concepts (cubes, ETL) and MS BI tools
Outgrow your role Join other initiatives. Build your skills and test your strengths.
Location Work from anywhere - see you online. We have offices in old-town Vilnius when you need or feel like coming in.
Flexible working hours Focus your efforts when you are most creative and productive.
Learn all the time Would you like to attend conferences or take paid training? There is a budget for that.
Additional health insurance Take care of yourself. It just makes sense.
Take some time off Don’t feel bad about taking a day off with a next-day notice. We have all been there. Just be respectful of your responsibilities and to your team.
Pitch your ideas about anything We build technology startups! Let’s build yours together.